What a year to remember – 2020! Many people had to adjust to being at home and working remotely, having Zoom meetings, managing work and office life in the same area. Looking ahead into 2021, some of us are still working remotely and spending more time at home rather than having “in person” meetings and appointments.
And if you are unsure how to start planning for your wedding during these times, here are some planning tasks that you can manage at home.
- Get Organized. Planning for your special day is no small task! Keep track of your paperwork, create spreadsheets, make checklists, and connect with your Coordinator to stay on track. As your Coordinators, we provide you with many of these checklists and spreadsheets to help you stay organized.
- Create your Wedding Registry. Since you may not be “shopping” at the various stores in person often, set up your registry shopping online. Your wedding guests will be able to “shop” with ease from the comfort of their own home – online shopping and shipping directly to your future home! This is a fun “date night” activity for you as you dream together how you want your home to be furnished and more!
- Work on your Vows. Take a few hours and spend time reflecting and putting some thought into the words you want to say to your spouse. Do not wait till the last minute to process these emotions but put some thoughts in the words you want to say to each other.
- Practice your First Dance. This is a perfect time to practice your first dance together! Or just put on the music and spend the day or night practicing the latest dances. What a fun activity to do together!
- Make a reception song list. Since you are already listening to the music for your dance, jot down some of your favorite songs to dance to or start a playlist in Spotify. Your DJ will most likely ask for some of your favorites so you will be ahead, and this will be most helpful. If there are songs you do not want to be played, make a list of those.
These planning tasks will give you something to work on while at home. Hopefully, this wedding planning will spark more excitement and anticipation of your upcoming wedding day!
We would love the opportunity to have a conversation about your upcoming wedding day so complete the information below and we will be in touch soon.